At five years old girls can be an enigma to many people since at one moment they are clinging to everything that is familiar to them and the next their interests are jumping from one new thing to the next.
Choosing Christmas or birthday gifts for girls of this age can feel like a challenge. However, we are here to help and have come up with a list of premium and highly rated gifts for girls age 5 that most any little girl would love.
In a Rush? See Our Top 3 Picks Just Below
Top Pick: Mystery Hatchimal Character
Runner Up: Magnetic Tiles Set
2nd Runner Up: Playmobil Pet Hotel
- Our Criteria for Choosing The Perfect Gifts for 5 Year Old Girls
- The Best Gift Ideas & Toys for 5 Year Old Girls List
- 1. 133 Piece Castle Magnetic Blocks
- 2. Lego & Friends Mia’s Horse Trailer
- 3. Outdoor Explorer Kit
- 4. Mystery Hatchimal
- 5. Swurfer Kick Stand Up Swing
- 6. Fairy Garden Kit
- 7. Slime Making Kit
- 8. Unicorn Kidz Pop Up Tent Play House
- 9. Playmobil Tiny Paws Pet Hotel
- 10. A Cute Tea Party Set
- 11. Roller Skates & Safety Gear Set
- 12. Bean Bag Toss Game
- What Are Good Gift Ideas for a 5 Year Old Girl Who Has Everything?
- Tips for Finding the Best Toys and Gifts for 5 Year Old Girls
- Wrapping Up Our List of Christmas and 5th Birthday Gifts for Girls
Our Criteria for Choosing The Perfect Gifts for 5 Year Old Girls
As a consumer you are probably wondering what criteria we base our selection of toys and gifts on. We use two main criteria for choosing gifts for girls aged 5 including:
When choosing toys for young girls we look at the educational value of each toy including the toy’s ability to aid in the development of physical, mental and emotional growth of the child. We’ve tried to choose toys that can help children improve their gross and fine motor skills, expand their imagination and creativity, learn and practice social skills and problem solving as well as other skills that they will need throughout their life.
We also look at the entertainment value of each toy to determine the toy’s durability, its ability to grow with the child and how capable it is of holding a child’s attention. We also consider whether or not the toy can be used in different ways to keep the child engaged.
The Best Gift Ideas & Toys for 5 Year Old Girls List
1. 133 Piece Castle Magnetic Blocks
These magnetic blocks make for a great birthday or Christmas gift and is something that any child will want to play with over and over again since they can release their creativity and build anything that their imagination can come up with.
These blocks will introduce children to basic engineering skills, and give them the opportunity to use imaginative problem solving in creating various buildings, vehicles, or other designs. The set does come with an instruction book that will help get the child started building.
- Comes with so many different pieces
- Good magnets
- Tiles smaller than expected
2. Lego & Friends Mia’s Horse Trailer
Lego kits always make great gifts for children of all ages. This simple and fun Lego Friends horse trailer kit has 216 pieces and girl’s can build a cute ATV and trailer. It comes with two characters, a horse, a rabbit and a few accessories.
This horse trailer will help improve a child’s fine motor skills, help them develop problem solving skills, and once built can be used for imaginative play.
- Can combine with other Legos
- Most children can assemble alone or with very little help
- A couple of consumers got kits with missing pieces
3. Outdoor Explorer Kit
If you are looking for a great spring or summer birthday gift for the young girl in your life why not give them the gift of nature? This 20-piece Outdoor Explorer kit comes with everything a 5 year old needs to explore life in their own back yard from birds and butterflies, to bugs, plants and flowers.
This set includes mini binoculars, a compass, whistle, tweezers, bug containers, clip board, butterfly net, magnifying glass and more. This kit will provide any young child with hour upon hour of fun as they learn first hand about the plants and animals in their own backyard. This kit is sure to turn any young child into a backyard explorer.
- Will interest a child in nature and science
- Lots of tools that are easy for a young child to use
- The tools in this kit are not the sturdiest since they only cost about $1.50 each.
4. Mystery Hatchimal
If you are looking for a unique Christmas present or birthday gift for the little girl in your life then a mystery Hatchimal will make a great gift that will keep your child interested for a long time to come. The unique thing about this gift is that it is an egg, that the child will have to rub and play with in order to get the egg to hatch. Once hatched the mystery Hatchimal will be revealed and can be taught to say the child’s name and will play games with your child.
Your child then can raise the baby Hatchimal to a toddler and kid with new games and music occurring at every stage of the Hatchimals growth. The Hatchimal does take 2AA batteries.
Children learn patience and nurturing skills from this one simple toys.
- Handy cheat sheet helps the child learn when their new pet is tire, hungry etc.
- Children become quite attached to it and the little noises it makes
- Some parents don’t like the toy and find it stupid.
5. Swurfer Kick Stand Up Swing
The Swurfer Kick Stand Up Swing is a curved plastic board that allows a child to feel like they are surfing in air. This stand up swing is 24 inches long and 9 inches wide and comes with UV resistant rope with handles. The rope does need to be hung about 10 feet from the ground in order to give enough clearance space for the swing itself.
This swing makes a great Christmas or birthday gift since it is durable and gives children the opportunity to play out of doors while building both arm and leg strength. It also helps a child improve their sense of balance and core strength as well.
- Adjustable handles
- Gives kids a good workout
- The swing does need a lot of clearance on all sides
6. Fairy Garden Kit
This fairy garden kit allows young girls to gain a little experience in gardening while making a cute decoration for their room complete with lights and sounds. The kit comes with a flower pot cottage, extra accessories, gardening tools, 5 magical see packets and 2 soils. The garden doesn’t come with a fairy, but you can buy fairies separately. You need 3- 1.5 volt batteries.
- The seeds grow quickly
- Helps children develop an interest and understanding in gardening and growing plants
- The garden cottage doesn’t stay together well so some parents recommend super gluing the parts.
7. Slime Making Kit
This slime making kit is a great Christmas or birthday gift for any young girl who loves slime. This kit allows for the making of 5 to 10 batches of non-toxic slime including soft, fluffy, scented, crunchy, glittery, glow in the dark and other types of slime.
All of the slime supplies come labeled and there are 4 air tight containers for storing the slime once it is made. This is a fun project for children and parents to work on together and will teach the child about measuring and following directions while providing bonding time for parent and child.
- Makes several varieties of slime
- Kids love making their own slime
- Some of these sets come with old material that doesn’t work well
8. Unicorn Kidz Pop Up Tent Play House
This Unicorn themed pop up play house tent can be used indoors or outdoors. This playhouse measures 53 inches by 41 inches and has a colorful outside for more imaginative play. The outside of the play house also has a ring toss, candy board game, tic tac toe, and What is a unicorn name? This tent playhouse is roomy enough to hold two or three children and is sure to provide hours of fun for your little one.
This tent/playhouse will make a great gift for Christmas, your child’s birthday or to just make the summer spent mostly at home a bit more fun.
- Kids like having their own private house
- Fun games to add more fun to this playhouse
- Not as durable as some parents would like
9. Playmobil Tiny Paws Pet Hotel
This Playmobil Tiny Paws Pet Hotel makes a great gift for kindergarten and first grade little girls. This pet hotel comes with everything your child needs to run their own pet hotel including 3 people, 8 dogs, 2 birds, 2 dog houses, bench, seesaw, wheelbarrow, dog food, birdseed and more.
This playset measures 29” X 9.4” X 7.5.” This pet hotel goes well with other playmobil sets and is perfect for imaginative play.
- Great toy for animal lovers
- Encourages the child in story telling
- There doesn’t seem to be very many complaints about this playmobil pet hotel
10. A Cute Tea Party Set
Tea parties are a part of childhood and a tea set makes a great Christmas gift for any little girl on your shopping list. This quality ceramic tea set has 4 tea cups and saucers and a teapot that is perfect for real tea parties. This tea set is a good size for small hands and big enough that an adult can tea with their favorite child
- Teapot holds about 8 ounces
- Beautiful set that will make any little girl feel special
- No sugar bowl or creamer
11. Roller Skates & Safety Gear Set
This pair of roller skates comes with a helmet wrist and knee pads and makes a perfect gift for any little girl on the go. The skate boot is adjustable so these skates will grow with your child and is the perfect skate for that little girl just learning to skate. These skates can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Good quality
- Provides a great way for young children to exercise
- Helmet doesn’t fit all heads
12. Bean Bag Toss Game
This Dinosaur bean bag toss game makes a great Christmas or birthday gift for any child who enjoys games. This game will help your child develop their hand/eye coordination and learn good sportsmanship as well. Adding up the points will help the child with their math skills and when played with others can aid in developing language and socialization skills.
- Can be played indoors or outdoors
- Some of the dinosaurs were upside down
What Are Good Gift Ideas for a 5 Year Old Girl Who Has Everything?
With parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and godparents all buying Christmas and birthday gifts for a child there are times when a 5 year old girl may have more toys than they can actually play with. If you have a little girl on your shopping list that is in this situation then here are some alternate gifts the little girl in your life may enjoy.
1. Themed Book & Toy Organizer
If a child has too many toys, then giving them a Christmas gift to help them keep all of those toys organized may be a great idea. This combination toy and book organizer is themed perfectly to capture a young girl’s attention while helping them keep their toys neatly picked up and out of the way when not being played with.
- Nice looking set
- Can get different themes
- Not the highest quality
2. 3-Piece Outfit
Clothing always makes a great gift for young girls as they grow so fast that they are always outgrowing their clothing. This stylish outfit consists of leggings, a shirt and a puffer vest and is perfect for a fall or winter birthday or for even a Christmas gift.
- Nice quality
- Cute outfit
- Plastic buckle
Tips for Finding the Best Toys and Gifts for 5 Year Old Girls
- Look for toys and gifts that will appeal to the interest of the child.
- Choose toys that can grow with the child offering them different ways of play
- Choose toys and gifts that will be challenging to the child, but not too challenging as to cause frustration.
- Consider introducing a new toy that perhaps the child did not think about
Wrapping Up Our List of Christmas and 5th Birthday Gifts for Girls
This list of highly rated premium toys and gifts for 5 year old girls should have a little something for every young girl on your shopping list.