Remote Control Power Wheel cars are fun toys for young toddlers that provide them with hours of fun and a sense of independence, which young growing children long to experience one they begin walking on their own.
They are also safe due to the parental remote control which allows you to take over control of the car whenever your boy or girl either goes too fast, wanders too far away, or gets in a dangerous situation!
- Tips to Help You Find the Best Parental Remote Control Car for Kids
- The Best Parental Remote Control Power Wheels List
- 1. Uenjoy Maserati GranCabri
- 2. Best Choice Products Police Cruiser Remote Control Electric Ride On Car
- 3. 12 Volt Ride On Toy Truck with Parental RC
- 4. Best Choice Ride on Jeep Truck
- 5. Land Rover 2 Seater Parental Remote Control Car
- 6. Uenjoy Ride on Electric Car for Kids
- 7. Moderno Kids Mercedes C63S RC Power Sports Car
- 8. RC Power Wheel Racing ATV
- 9. Sports Car Roadster RC Ride On from Moderno Kids
- 10. Costzon Mercedes Benz
- Frequently Ask Questions
- Wrapping Up The Best Ride on Cars with Parental Remote Controls
Tips to Help You Find the Best Parental Remote Control Car for Kids
If you are looking to purchase a remote ride on car for your child, but aren’t sure exactly what to look for here are some tips that will help you find the best remote cars for babies and toddlers.
- Look for a RC car that has a lot of entertainment value, such as engine sounds, horns that honk, storage compartments to carry other tools and other small objects that will keep your child’s attention.
- Look for a remote control kid’s car that will last your child at least a couple of years before they outgrow it. For example, a parental remote control for when they are really young that they can then drive on their own as they develop and get older.
- Look for a Kids ride on toys that offers a lot of development value such as helping them advance their gross and fine motor skills, spatial skills, Hand eye coordination and much more.
- Look for remote control ride on cars with a good battery life to help avoid frustration in your child.
- Most of the options below are 12 volt ride on toys but if you’re buying for an especially young child you can may want to consider 6 volt options as they would suit younger toddlers better.
The Best Parental Remote Control Power Wheels List
1. Uenjoy Maserati GranCabri
This cute Maserati GranCabrio remote control kids cars come in pink, white or red. It has a gas pedal and steering wheel, 4 wheel suspension, headlights, taillights, seat belt, emergency brake, lockable door and the ability to play music via Bluetooth.
When the child operates the car they have the option of 2 speeds with the top speed being 3.1 mph while the parental control has 3 speeds for this car. The car also has 4 wheel suspension.
- Good battery life
- This car looks great
- Easy to assemble
- Remote control is fun for parents to use
- Some Complaints of Defective charger for this car
- Side window broke after limited use
What Age Child is this Car Made For?
The manufacturer recommends that this car be used for children ages 1 through 5, though we think it is best suited for children ages 1 to 4 years.
2. Best Choice Products Police Cruiser Remote Control Electric Ride On Car
This Police cruiser RC ride on toy battery powered car comes in black and white. The car comes with red and blue LED headlights, real horns and siren sounds, seat belts and 2 speeds with a maximum speed of 2 mph. It also has a built-in AUX to plug in music.
This little car measures 47” X 25” X 14” and holds a maximum user weight of 75 pounds.
This is a one wheel drive car that works best on pavement. The parents provided remote allows parents to steer the car. The car runs 1 to 2 hours on a 8 to 10 hours charge with an initial charge time of 18 hours.
Positives of this Police RC ride on car
- Great remote
- Lights and sounds
- Great price
- Good battery
- The police lights are nice and bright
- For some the car quit charging after a short period of time and they had to return it
What Age is This Car Suitable for?
This car is recommended by the manufacturer for children ages 3 and up, but we think it is actually best suited for children ages 2 to 4 years.
3. 12 Volt Ride On Toy Truck with Parental RC
This best choice ride on truck comes in your choice of red, black, blue or white. This truck has an adjustable seat belt, LED headlights and taillights, 3 speeds (with a maximum speed of 3.7mph),14 inch traction wheels and a built-in AUX to plug into a media device. The parental remote operates in forward and reverse and allows parents to select the speed.
Made from non-toxic ABS plastic this truck measures 45” X 31” X31” and can hold children weighing up to 65 pounds. The truck runs for 1 to 2 hours on an 8 to 12 hour charge. It does take some assembly to put the truck together.
Positives of this Truck
- These trucks will run on both grass and up hills
- The parental remote control works great
- Not too hard to assemble this truck
- Pretty sturdy
- Runs well
- Several users had battery issues
- There is only a short warranty
What Age is This Truck Safe for?
This truck is recommended for children ages 3 and up, but is actually best suited for children 2 to 5 years of age.
4. Best Choice Ride on Jeep Truck
This Best Choice Products Parental Remote Controlled Jeep Truck comes in 5 different colors, green, black, blue, red or white. It features an adjustable seat belt, LED headlights, lockable doors, grid windshield, traction tiles, spring suspension, a working radio and a built-in AUX outlet. The parental control will drive the car forward and in reverse and the jeep has a maximum speed of 2.8 mph.
This vehicle measures 39 1/4” X 26” X 26” and bears users weights of up to 61 pounds. This vehicle runs 1 to 2 hours on an 8 to 12 hour charge. Some assembly of the vehicle is required.
- Heavy duty and quite durable
- Radio pick ups real stations
- travels on gravel, grass, and uneven roads
- Parental remote works well
- Some jeeps come with bad battery connections
- The pedals sometimes sticks
What Age is this Jeep Best For?
This jeep is recommended for children ages 3 to 5 years, but is suitable for children as young as 2 years old.
5. Land Rover 2 Seater Parental Remote Control Car
This Best Choice Product 2 Seater Land Rover is one of the best remote control kids cars available today. This Land Rover comes in your choice of black or white. It features 2 seats, and a parental remote control, and 4 wheel suspension, treaded tires, Built-in AUX, LED headlights, horn and engine sounds. It also has seat belts, under hood storage and an AM/FM radio and is made with metal frame and PP plastic.
This 2 seater parental remote controlled car allows parents to control the speed as well as the forward and reverse of this vehicle. The remote does take 2AAA batteries. This vehicle measures 51.25” X 34” X 26” and has a maximum user weight of 128 pounds.
- Perfect for 2 young riders
- Durable construction
- Should last your child at least a couple of years
- This Land Rover drives on grass, gravel, and uneven surfaces
- It’s great looking and children love the lights, horn and engine sounds
- Ring on the tires come loose
- The parental remote isn’t very durable
What Age Is This Land Rover Best Suited For?
This vehicle is recommended for children ages 3 to 8, but most parents find this vehicle suitable for children as young as 2 with the parental control.
6. Uenjoy Ride on Electric Car for Kids
This Uenjoy Ride on Jeep like car comes in your choice of black, pink, white, camo blue or camo pink. It has a parental control that allows parents to control speed, forward, reverse, turns and braking. The remote takes 2AAA batteries for the remote.
One your child is old enough and big enough to control the vehicle itself the gear shift, steering wheel and gas pedal comes in handy. The vehicle travels at a speed of 2.5 m.p.h.
This jeep like car comes with Bluetooth, colorful lights, 4 wheel spring suspension and LED headlights and other colorful lights. The care measures 46” X 27” X 31” and holds a maximum user weight of 66 pounds.
The car runs for about an hour on a 8 to 10 hour charge. It also comes with assembly instruction video to ensure you assemble the vehicle properly.
- This vehicle is durable
- Works great on all types of different terrains
- Assembly is not difficult if follow directions
- All the lights are fun for kids
- Parent remote is great for keeping child safe
- This vehicle will grow with your child making it an excellent value
- Problems with charging port
- Lights don’t always work
- Battery life is quite short
What Ages Is This Ride on Jeep Made For?
This jeep is most suitable for children ages 2 to 6 years old.
7. Moderno Kids Mercedes C63S RC Power Sports Car
These Moderno rides on cars with the parent control remote come in your choice of black, red or white. The car features a battery overcharge and overload protection, a soft start, electric brake, PU leather seat, adjustable seat belt and rubber tires. This Mercedes ride on car has spring shock suspension, LED headlights, tail lights and dashboard lights. This car has an integrated MP3 player with AUX MP3 audio input. It Measures 45” X 21” X 28” and runs 1 to 2 hours on a 1 to 8 hours charge.
It also has foldable rear caster wheels for transporting the car without using the battery.
- Children love the lights and the sounds of this car
- The remote works well
- Rubber wheels handles all sorts of terrain
- The music is great for children
- Some people have had problems with the remote
- The wheel broke on some cars
What Ages Is This Moderno Mercedes Made For?
This car is most suitable for children ages 18 months to 5 years old.
8. RC Power Wheel Racing ATV
This RC Power Wheels racing ATV is a quad styled ride on toy with parental remote control. This quad has easy grip handles, a comfortable seat, buttons for selecting speed as well as reverse and plastic tires.
This quad is quite fast running at speeds between 3 and 6 m.p.h. And 3 m.p.h. In reverse. The parental control offers high speed lockout and power lock brakes. It holds a maximum user weight of 65 pounds and will drive between 30 and 35 minutes on a charge.
- This Power Wheels ATV looks great
- It will travel over various terrains
- Fairly easy to assemble
- Fair battery life
- Sometimes comes with missing parts
What Age Is This Remote Control Power Wheels Suitable for?
This Power Wheels RC Car is suitable for children ages 3 to 6.
9. Sports Car Roadster RC Ride On from Moderno Kids
This Moderno kids toy car for babies and toddlers comes in a metallic red and will run at speeds at 2 to 4 m.p.h. This car features a soft start and electric brake. It has traction bands on the wheels, Integrate MP3 player with MP3 audio input, Head, fog and taillights and even LED wheel lights.
The car measures 40” X 19” X 24” and comes with a removable baby tray table and floor mats. It also has a folding handlebar and caster wheels for transport without using the battery.
It charges in between 1 and 5 hours and runs for about 1.5 hours on a single charge.
- Great ride on toy car for older babies and young toddlers
- Well built
- Good remote control
- The snack tray is great
- 3 point seat belt
- Very small car
- Problems with wheel light lighting consistently
What Age that This Roaster is Suitable for?
Although this car is recommended for children 1 to 3 years it is actually best suited for children from about 8 months to 2 years.
10. Costzon Mercedes Benz
This Mercedes Benz remote controlled ride on car comes in black, red or silver. The manual controls for this car has a foot pedal, steering wheels, front and rear lights, double opening doors with safety locks. It also has MP3 player with USB socket, wear resistant wheels, a safety belt, horn and 3 speeds.
Parents can control the car for younger children using the remote control. It measures 47” X 25.5” X 18.5” and needs to be charged 24 hours before the first use.
Positives of this Mercedes Benz
- This remote and manual controlled vehicle drives well
- Good battery life
- Good looking car
- Easy to assemble
- Some people have trouble getting this car to power up
- It is smaller than some people expected
What Age Is This Best Suited For?
While this car is recommended for children 3 to 8 years old it seems to be better suited for children in ages between 1 ½ and 5 years.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q. What Age are Electric Power Wheel Cars Safe for if They Come With a Parental Remote?
A. It is difficult to give a set age, since it will depend on the size of the child, the size of the car, and the safety features that are included, such as seat belt, or tray, locking doors, etc. While some cars are safe for older infants (8 or 9 months) most are pretty safe for children around 1 or 2 if there is parental remote control.
Q. How Old Should My Child Be Before Using an Electric Ride On Toy That Doesn’t Come With a Remote?
A. The age at which a child can use a ride on toy without a remote for parents will depend on fast your child develops and their experience with electric riding toys. However, 3 or 4 is a more appropriate age for vehicles that go less than 4 mph.
Q. What are The Benefits of RC Ride On Cars?
A. There are lots of benefits of RC ride on cars for kids. First, these cars are really fun! They also help to develop fine motor skills, and hand-eye coordination. Children also develop spatial reasoning, and they gain a sense of independence. They also learn safety rules that they must obey.
Q. What should I consider if I think my child is too old for these?
It’s important to be sure your boy or girl is advanced enough to move beyond a remote controlled ride on toy but if you believe they now are you can consider a 24 volt battery powered ride on toys as these are typically the next step for kids as they grow and develop.
Wrapping Up The Best Ride on Cars with Parental Remote Controls
If you are looking for a remote controlled ride on toy for your child then hopefully this review will prove to be helpful in finding a top option your little one will love for years to come!